Registered Behavior Technicians (10-35 hours)
- Juniper Health and Wellness offers in-home and center-based ABA Therapy and Autism Support to autistic youth.
- Serving the area of Killeen, Texas, our team of skilled professionals, comprised of Behavior Analysts and Registered Behavior Technicians are proud to serve military families, and to offer ABA and autism supports that are compassionate, progressive, and effective.
- To assist with the growing demands of the autistic youth in our community, we are looking for a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) to join our team. This is an incredibly rewarding position, that will allow you to assist children in overcoming their challenges and achieving their goals.
Summary of the Position:
- Working under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, the RBT works directly with Juniper Health & Wellness's pediatric clients with autism in both home and center-based settings, to implement behavior and skill-building programs.
- The incumbent applies the principles of applied behavior analysis to teach learners key skills, including daily living skills, social skills, and communication skills, that will have a positive impact on their life.
- Full time staff must be available to work until 5:30 (2) days per week.
- Collects data about clients’ behavior through direct observation.
- Carries out energetic and fun therapy sessions with clients in-center or at-home, teaching students specific behavior skills called for in treatment plans.
- Applies ABA techniques and strategies as appropriate.
- Provides a safe and supportive environment for clients and their families.
- Documents client progress on each learning objective.
- Communicates with the treatment team daily.
- Communicates behavioral intervention results in students’ parents and caregivers.
- Attends team meetings on a regular basis.
- Implements programs and builds learner motivation.
- Cleans up during the session and after the session to ensure a safe and organized environment.
- Provides for basic care needs of clients including offering snacks and diaper changes when necessary.
Essential Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) as a Registered Behavior Technician or in some cases training may be provided to highly motivated candidate.
- Current Basic Life Support / CPR certification.
- No prior criminal history and the ability to pass a background check.
- Have reliable transportation.
Preferred Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Working towards or has obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of autism and other developmental disorders.
- Previous professional experience working with children.
- Completed the 40-hour RBT Training and/or obtained the RBT Certification
What we offer to our candidates - It's more than a job!
- Monday through Friday work schedule, flexible hours & willingness to work around class schedules.
- Dynamic, small, and supportive working environment.
- Ongoing supervision from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Paid Time Off after 90 days for Full Time (30 hrs or more)
- Paid Holidays after 90 days for Full Time (30 hrs or more)
- Health Benefits after 90 days for Full Time (30 hrs or more)
- Mileage Reimbursement for all staff
- Opportunities for career development through our local partnership program
- Additional opportunities to take on additional clinical responsibilities after 6 months
- Support in complete BACB Supervision Fieldwork Experience with curriculum available to complete unrestricted hours. All unrestricted hours are unpaid.